Sightseeing in London can be done all over the year and the possibilities are endless. Especially tourists will find here useful information but also locals could profit from some secrets in the city.
Rooftops & Views
The Shard is a very famous and expensive way to see London from above. But did you know that there are a few free possibilities to get a fantastic overview around the city?
- Sky Garden: You´ll need a reservation to come up here but it is for free. The view from the city´s skyline centre is amazing. So plan a bit ahead and book your free visit here.
- Franks café: Peckham has a lot of independent art and music. Franks café is located here and thus the perfect place to chill out and enjoy the charisma of South London. Just come by and visit
- Heron Tower: If you are passing by Bishopsgate and feel like having a drink or a coffee, why don´t you do it here? You´ll get stunning views for free!
- A collection of different rooftop bars you can find here.
- If you like parks, I can recommend to visit either Hampsted Heath or Greenwich Park. Both places offer you beautiful views over the whole city.
You haven´t seen London, if you haven´t checked out the many different markets, the city can offer. They are all different and have their own charming touch. Of course you can buy all kinds of different things here, but it is also enjoyable to just go for a walk. Often you´ll even discover some free live music just by strolling around. Visit London offers an overview about the most famous and popular markets. But make sure to also go to Druid Street Market and Maltby Street Market. They are local, small and close to some fantastic breweries.
In general all museums in London are for free. Here you can find amazing treasures of history, art und culture. A selection of the many museums in London you can find here. If you don´t like general museum visits, maybe the special museum nights have more to offer for you. The magazin Time Out shows what´s on right now.
In my opinion the best way to see the city is still by walking around, riding a bike or the public bus. Take a city map or download a good app like Maps.me or Citymapper. and choose your personal route. More information on cheap ways of transport you can find here.